Home > Our community, Value of a library > No Injury or Building Damage Result from Truck Fire in Library Drive

No Injury or Building Damage Result from Truck Fire in Library Drive

Firefighters extinguish the flames.

No one was hurt and the library building was undamaged when a ServPro truck caught on fire the evening of Aug. 10 in the driveway of the new Mendon Public Library.

ServPro had been called to properly sanitize the library’s restrooms after a sewer line backup, caused by a patron trying to dispose of a cigarette by wrapping it in layers of paper toweling and flushing it down the toilet.

When the crew returned to the truck and opened the door, the truck started to burn. 911 was called and firefighters put out the blaze.

Advertisements
  1. Deborah
    August 11, 2011 at 11:04 am

    So glad no damage and no one was hurt. Another reason why smoking is a bad idea?

  2. pkl
    August 11, 2011 at 11:24 am

    someone to add to the “not-so-bright” list!

  3. August 11, 2011 at 11:38 am

    The entire Mendon Public LIbrary, building and grounds, is designated to be smoke free.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: